1. I just returned home from Haiti (blog post on my trip coming soon!) and all I can think about is how lucky I am to have what I have. A cozy bed, hot showers, three meals a day, a sturdy roof over my head, floors not made of dirt, air conditioning! The list goes on... I've never been so appreciative of the things we all take for granted.
2. On another serious note, my heart goes out to all those affected by the Louisiana floods. I have many relatives who were right in the middle of it (including my parents) and a few whose homes were damaged. Sending so many prayers and positive thoughts y'all's way! (To donate to those in need, click here.)
3. The arrival of August always makes me super antsy for fall. Bring on the spiced apple cider and knit sweaters, please. Scott and I are planning a trip up to North Carolina in November, and I can't wait to see what a real autumn looks (and feels) like.
4. I'm currently battling an ugly cough and a sore throat that cannot be beat. (I've tried everything.) So instead, I'm just waiting it out with Netflix and cinnamon tea. Shout out to Lauren Casanova (my Mission Renew roomie) for spreading the love. ;-)
5. This flick looks absolutely terrifying. And watching it may be on the agenda for tonight, depending on whether I feel like hauling my sick(ish) butt to the theatre or not.
6. Speaking of on-screen things, Scott and I are addicted to HBO's new murder mystery show, The Night Of. Anyone else on board that bandwagon?
7. I never thought I'd say this, but since Friday, I've been entertaining the idea of going back to school to study something pretty specific... Which I'mma keep to myself for right now, so as not to jinx it. But if I still don't think the whole idea's 100% insane after many more hours of prayer and consideration, I'll share my thoughts with you guys.
Right now, in case you're wondering, I'm doing some part-time work for a PR company here in Houston called Mad Meg Creative Services. Check out their too-cool-for-school website!
8. My buddy Elise introduced me to Glossier, a "skincare as makeup" line, and I'm curious to try it out. When it comes to makeup, I'm all about simple and affordable these days (mostly because I'm lazy). Have you heard of this cool new brand? The packaging/branding alone is enough to make me fall in love.
9. Sundays are the highlight of my week, because Netflix. It cures all.
10. The candid photo above was taken by my lovely and talented friend, Elizabeth, at the Houston Museum of Fine Arts last month. It begs the question: Am I admiring art or pondering life? I think, perhaps, a little bit of both.